Many local authorities strongly encourage us to contact them via their websites. We have included the web site addresses and also phone numbers where given. You might also be able to report problems to WSCC/MSDC via the library information desk.

West Sussex CC Highways Dept  maintain the roads and footpaths on Garden Wood Main Number is 01243 642105.
WSCC encourage us to use the "Love West Sussex " web site. Although it sounds like a dating site, you can use it to report problems with pot holes, damaged pavements, weeds and trees on your land.

Street Lighting  is sub contracted to SSE. Emergency Contact 0800 048 2435 or report on try to have the number from the lamppost ie 0000

Blue Badge Scheme is administrated by WSCC. THey are also responsible for parking regulations.
The WSCC web site has lots of useful information.

Mid Sussex District Council based in Haywards Heath are responsible for waste, recycling and bin collection.
For missed bin collection go to their web site or call 01444 477440
MSDC main line is 01444 458166
They have an excellent web site, which includes a planning portal telling you all you want to know about locl planning permission

East Grinstead Town Council does some minor work like clearing footpaths and topping up the Gritting Bins
Main Number 01342 323636
For Community Services Grit Bins and Graffiti 01342 335059

East Grinstead CitizensAdvice is based in the library, but you can get advice on many subjects over the phone
03444 771172

Our Local Councillors for Garden Wood and Imberhorne are
Frank Osborne 07428 536376
Frank Visser 01342 323066
Rex Whittaker 01342 302515

Local Police  101 or 01273 470101